Whether you need your business to get off the ground or expand across borders, we can help you navigate through all relevant rules, regulations, and red tape. We advise corporate entities and their management on all issues including fiduciary duties, governmental procedures, and corporate governance best practices. We work side by side with our clients as partners through every step of their transactions.
- .Startup and business formation
- Contract drafting, review, and negotiation
- Operating, partnership and shareholder agreements
- Employee, contractor, and consulting agreements
- Confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements
- Domestic and international business expansion
- Licensing and selling
We can advise tech entities about the fundamental intellectual property and business interests at stake for a deal, and assist in creating, negotiating, and executing licensing agreements that are crucial to success. Our detail-oriented approach to contract matters enable us to navigate the negotiation process in way that respects our clients’ bottom line. In addition, we are knowledgeable and familiar with issues related to blockchain, virtual currencies (e.g.: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Quorum), open source software, website disclosures, cybersecurity, privacy, and data breaches.
- Regulations promulgated by various governmental institutions like Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC), Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), etc., as well as state law and international law equivalents
- Joint ventures and strategic partnerships
- GDPR compliance
- Technology service contract review
- Compliance and risk mitigation counseling
- Cybersecurity policy and procedure review
- Consumer disclosure requirements
- Branding, marketing, and nondisclosure agreements
A trademark is the face of a business and the basis of a consumer’s recognition of its brand. We can help protect your unique identity by analyzing a proposed mark’s strengths, filing its trademark applications, pursuing infringers, and selling/licensing rights to others. We are licensed to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Preparing and filing trademark applications
- Enforcing and defending against infringement actions
- International trademark rights
- Appealing administrative and judicial decisions
- Researching trademark availability
- Licensing trademark rights
A copyright protects a business’ creativity. We focus on the creation, enforcement, and monetization of copyrights. We can assist in determining fair use limits, DMCA compliance, and performance rights, among others. If your business is engaged in digital music/art, mobile marketing, e-commerce, consumer goods, entertainment, or software development, we can advise on the intricacies involved.
- Preparing and filing copyright applications
- Initiating and defending against copyright infringement actions
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) takedown notices
- Fair use, licensing, and transfer agreements
- Royalty disputes and enforcement issues
- Personal, syndication, and literary rights
- International copyright issues
Our practice encompasses all aspects of estate planning and administration at the state, federal, and international levels. We can help you achieve your estate planning objectives by advising on trust principles, creating a unique plan that utilizes complex tax techniques, guiding you through the probate process, and managing the distributions that follow.
- High net wealth planning
- Advising on estate administration and wealth planning
- Administering trusts
- Preparing wills, prenuptial agreements, and trust instruments
- Counseling on family matters
- Gift planning
- Interfacing with with the Internal Revenue Service
- Resolving issue related to charitable organizations and fiduciaries
If your business is looking to expand into other countries, we can help you navigate the complex international trade laws and regulations that govern. We are familiar with licensing, import, and export protocols enforced by U.S. and foreign governments. We can guide businesses on growing their consumer base, establishing a physical presence across borders, and forming international partnerships.
- Advising on the latest statutes, rules, interpretive guidance, and laws involved for obtaining licenses and permits
- Preparing and filing import, export, and license applications through the United States BIS, OFAC, and CBP offices
- Formulating strategies, deal structures, and terms for business expansion
- Drafting, negotiating, and reviewing agreements
- Counseling on appropriate steps to ensure ongoing compliance
Every transaction of your company is unique, and we can assist you in considering all relevant factors as you go forward. Contact us to discuss how we may be able to use our experience to help you.